Ricerca

risultati

giovedì, novembre 24, 2011

Proverbi Italiani (4)


D

Dai nemici mi guardo io, dagli amici mi guardi Iddio!
English translation: I (can) protect myself from my enemies; may God protect me from my friends!

Dare a Cesare quel che è di Cesare.
English translation: Give Caesar what belongs to Caesar.
Idiomatic meaning: Give credit where credit is due.

Del male non fare e paura non avere.
English translation: Do no evil and have no fear.

Del senno di poi (ne) son piene le fosse.
English translation: Graves are filled with after-the-fact wisdom.
Idiomatic meaning: Hindsight is 20/20 vision.

Detto fatto.
English translation: No sooner said than done.

Dio ci salvi dal povero arricchito e dal ricco impoverito.
English translation: God save us from the enriched poor and from the impoverished rich.

Nessun commento:

comming soon

>

Blog Archive

Elenco blog personale